Our mission is the increase and diffusion of knowledge, so we are always looking to strengthen and expand opportunities for experiential education through partnerships.
Do you represent a college, university, or other organization that is interested in partnering with the Smithsonian in the area of internships and fellowships? We welcome the opportunity to discuss partnering opportunities with you.
We currently offer three types of partnerships for intern programs:
- Internship Courses
A few examples of our informational partnerships include:
A few examples of our placement partnerships include:
- Colorado State University-Pueblo
- George Mason University, Digital Public Humanities
- Smith College
- University of Alberta
- Whitworth University
A few examples of our internship course partnerships include:
- George Washington University
- Project SEARCH
- University of California Santa Barbara
- University of South Carolina
We also partner with organizations to develop fellowship opportunities. These opportunities can be thematic or open ended.
- Advisory Council on Historic Preservation
- American Council of Learned Societies
- Arts and Humanities Research Council UK
- Big Ten Academic Alliance
- State of Queensland, Australia
For more details on our partnerships opportunities, please see our brochure: Smithsonian Internship/Fellowship Partnerships with Your University.