Apply Now to the Global Business Development Internship!
The Smithsonian Media Global Business Development Internship is designed to provide a meaningful, hands-on learning experience. It offers a unique opportunity to learn about aspects of global business development focused on generating brand awareness overseas. The Intern will learn business translation skills by communicating with audiences via social media in Korean to create awareness of the Smithsonian Media brands in South Korea specifically.
Through weekly scheduled and ad hoc/informal meetings with the mentor and members of the Global Business Development team, the Intern will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with the digital editorial team to curate content that will be of interest in Korea
- Learn how to generate brand awareness in Korea via Facebook and KakaoTalk
- Learn the process of editing and posting to social media
- Learn the analytical tools of social media platforms to optimize audience size and engagement
- Learn to use Campaign Monitor to generate monthly newsletters in both English and Korean
- Learn key business translation skills by utilizing Korean language skills
Through the experience, the intern will:
- Build skills in building audiences via social media platforms
- Gain experience launching new social media products
- Garner valuable real-world web and digital work experience
Prerequisites for candidates who could most benefit from this learning experience are:
- Fluent in Korean
- Familiar with Korean social media platforms
- Tech savvy
- Detail oriented
To apply, email your resume and a cover letter to Yifei Chen at ChenY@si.edu with the subject line “Smithsonian Media Global Business Development Internship.” You may also provide letters of recommendation. Applications are due April 30, 2017.
For further questions, you can reach Yifei Chen at 202-633-5159 or email her at ChenY@si.edu.