Digital Media Philanthropy Internship
The Smithsonian’s Office of Advancement (OA) is currently accepting applications for it’s Digital Media Philanthropy internship.
This a fast-paced, cutting-edge department responsible for raising unrestricted funds through online donations, managing the Smithsonian’s giving website, monthly newsletter and other email news releases, and creating engaging online content and activities designed to feature the Smithsonian’s work and grow the house email file. In addition, the online fundraising department manages the Friends of the Smithsonian membership program’s digital fundraising in concert with multichannel strategies, and serves as consultants to the Smithsonian’s museums, programs, and research centers, supporting and guiding their own digital fundraising efforts. Learn skills and business practices that can translate to almost any 21st century career.
Objectives for this internship include:
- Learning about research and writing through involvement with creating online content
- Learning how to use Photoshop through involvement in the creation of e-mails and web pages;
- Learning how to track and reporting of key performance metrics;
- Learning about digital philanthropy and prospect development through participation in strategy and brainstorming meetings for digital philanthropy and prospect development.
The ideal applicant…
- Is an undergraduate or graduate student with a demonstrated interest in digital media production and fundraising activities;
- Available 15-30 hours/week, Monday-Friday, business hours;
- Interest in learning to work in a large organization;
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality; and
- General knowledge of html, previous experience working with Dreamweaver and Adobe Photoshop, or similar design software, a plus.
To apply, go here.