Smithsonian Career Center Conference Early Bird Registration Extended to November 1!
Smithsonian Institution Career Center Conference, Dec 4-5 at the National Museum of American History! Register now!
Here is what your colleagues had to say about last year’s conference!
“I just wanted to say thank you for a great experience, yesterday! It was informative and a wonderful networking opportunity. I look forward to sharing this information with my colleagues and to further promote opportunities at the Smithsonian to our students.” Danielle Pelligirni, Goucher College
“Each year the panels have shared valuable information to help internship programs understand what it takes to assist our students with SI opportunities.” Angela Beemer, Montgomery College
“I came away with so many thoughts and ideas as to how I might be able to get more of our students involved in internships and fellowships at SI.” Valencia Skeeter, University of Maryland, College Park
• Internship Coordinator panel. They are the links to the internship opportunities in the 19 museums; 9 research centers and various program offices!
• Hear from current interns about their experiences.
• Fellowship Managers. Hear about funded opportunities for graduate students and faculty!
• How to formalize partnerships with the Smithsonian.
• Diversity & Inclusion
• Hear from curators, fundraisers and diverse museum careers about our many internship opportunities!
• Hear from former interns/fellows that are no staff!
• Hear from Smithsonian leadership!
• Meet & Greet Coffee and Danish
• Behind-the-Scenes Collection tours
• We have expanded from a one day symposium to 1.5 days!
Please forward to your colleagues! (Please note, this conference is not intended for students or prospective applicants.)
Omar A. Eaton-Martínez, M.Ed.
Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History
Smithsonian Office of Fellowships and Internships