TSA Summer Camp Intern
About TSA: The Smithsonian Associates (TSA) advances the Institution’s mission “to increase and diffuse knowledge” through life-enriching educational and cultural experiences inspired by the Smithsonian’s research and collections for DC-region students, families, and adults, and for learning communities nationwide.
Intern Duties: Provide support to the Summer Camp team by assisting with all aspects of the daily running of Summer Camp, including:
- Supervision of campers and orchestration of Youth Teacher Assistant program
- Upkeep of rosters and camper paperwork, communication with camp instructors and parents
- Supply organization and procurement
- Provide other assistance as needed
- Experience in arts administration
- Creation of and execution of museum-based children’s programs
- The opportunity to create Smithsonian camps for upcoming summers
- Interaction with top-caliber camp instructors
- Volunteer management experience
- Background or strong interest in working with children and/or program administration
- Ability to work quickly with great attention to detail
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- Strong computer and communication skills
- Professional demeanor
Term: Summer (early June – late August)
Time Commitment: 40 hours/week; 1 full summer
Schedule: Mon – Fri, 8:30am – 5:00pm during summer camp, 10:00am – 5:00pm prior to camp
Supervisor: Jamie Hollingsworth, Summer Camp Manager
Award Package: None
Location: S. Dillon Ripley Center, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C.
To be considered in the first round of applications, please submit your materials by the dates below: February 1. Applications received after these dates will still be considered on an as-needed basis.
To Apply: Complete the online application at http://intern.si.edu/. Click on the link for the Smithsonian Online Academic Appointment System (SOLAA). Questions can be directed to the Intern Coordinator at TSAInternships@si.edu or 202.633.8641.