TSA Online Marketing Intern
About TSA: The Smithsonian Associates (TSA) advances the Institution’s mission “to increase and diffuse knowledge” through life-enriching educational and cultural experiences inspired by the Smithsonian’s research and collections for DC-region students, families, and adults, and for learning communities nationwide.
Intern Duties: Support the Web & eMarketing Team by assisting with eMarketing projects, such as:
- Help with eMarketing campaigns by sending emails to targeted members of the TSA database to help fill open spaces in classes and tours.
- Design, write and proof emails. Assist with website copy-writing
- Using web analytics software to research results from marketing campaigns and report on findings
- Participation in planning and strategy sessions for specific projects
- May include some content management for social networking websites as well as friend communication and contest implementation
- Assist with research as needed
- Additional projects as assigned based on marketing needs and skills of applicant.
- Develop enhanced communication skills for customer relation and marketing
- Become familiar with common eMarketing tools, reporting and best practices that are valuable for future employment
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of real life marketing needs and solutions
- Practice database management and learning to target campaigns for greater ROI and lower COS, to ensure successful marketing approaches
Qualifications: Candidates should possess the following skills:
- Strong writing, organizational and interpersonal skills. Impeccable attention to detail
- Basic facility with computers and technology; basic html knowledge preferred
- A basic knowledge of Photoshop and aesthetic abilities
- Positive energy and an eagerness to learn.
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. College students at the junior, senior and graduate levels studying marketing, communications, music/arts administration or public relations are preferred.
Terms: Spring (Jan – May), Summer (Jun – Aug) & Fall (Sept – Dec)
Time Commitment: 1 semester (Preference given to applicants who can stay a full school year)
Schedule: Monday – Thursday, 9:00am – 5:00pm; Hours flexible
Supervisor: Jamie Jean Schneider, E-Marketing Specialist
Award Package: None
Location: S. Dillon Ripley Center, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C.
To be considered in the first round of applications, please submit your materials by the dates below: Fall Positions: July 1; Winter/Spring Positions: October 1; Summer Positions: February 1 (Applications received after these dates will still be considered on an as-needed basis).
To Apply: Complete the online application at http://intern.si.edu/. Click on the link for the Smithsonian Online Academic Appointment System (SOLAA). Questions can be directed to the Intern Coordinator at TSAInternships@si.edu or 202.633.8641.