TSA National Education Outreach Intern
About TSA: The Smithsonian Associates advances the Institution’s mission “to increase and diffuse knowledge” through life-enriching educational and cultural experiences inspired by the Smithsonian’s research and collections for DC-region students, families, and adults, and for learning communities nationwide.
Intern Duties: Assist in the design, planning, and coordination of educational programs (featuring primarily Smithsonian speakers) around the U.S. Tasks include:
- Researching topic areas and presenters
- Planning logistics
- Investigating potential clients
- Assist in office management duties, including daily operations
- Attend job resource fairs and other events for Smithsonian interns
- Develop program themes and participate in program planning meetings with Smithsonian museum and outside staff
- Manage production of teacher resource binders
- Write press releases, speaker bios and other program documents
- Must be responsible, organized, creative, personable, and resourceful
- Must be able to work independently
- Must possess professional demeanor, writing ability, telephone skills and research skills
- Familiarity with computers, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, the Internet.
Terms: Spring (Jan – May), Summer (Jun – Aug) & Fall (Sept – Dec)
Time Commitment: 32 hours/week, 1 full semester
Schedule: Days and hours of work flexible
Supervisors: Ann Post, Program Manager and Wally Mertes, Program Coordinator
Award Package: None
Location: S. Dillon Ripley Center, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC
To be considered in the first round of applications, please submit your materials by the dates below: Fall Positions: July 1; Winter/Spring Positions: October 1; Summer Positions: February 1 (Applications received after these dates will still be considered on an as-needed basis).
To Apply: Complete the online application at http://intern.si.edu/. Click on the link for the Smithsonian Online Academic Appointment System (SOLAA). Questions can be directed to the Intern Coordinator at TSAInternships@si.edu or 202.633.8641.