TSA eMarketing Research Intern
About TSA: The Smithsonian Associates (TSA) advances the Institution’s mission “to increase and diffuse knowledge” through life-enriching educational and cultural experiences inspired by the Smithsonian’s research and collections for DC-region students, families, and adults, and for learning communities nationwide.
Intern Duties: Support eMarketing to manage online questionnaires and conduct market research
- Pull customer segments from in-house database, send Zoomerang questionnaires, enter responses into Tessitura—TSA’s customer relationship mgt. system
- Create and update questionnaires to encourage email opt-ins, identify customer
- Generate reports on questionnaire data and eMarketing campaigns
- Help conduct research on competitors, new online advertising opportunities, and on speakers and performers, who make presentations at the Smithsonian
- Market research, including online surveys and product development
- Data mining, customer segmentation, consumer behavior
- Direct marketing, email marketing, and online advertising
- Web & email analytics and online consumer behavior
- Education/background in marketing, business, or related field
- Excellent computer skills with experience or an interest in customer database mgt.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, esp. Excel and creating basic formulas
- Interest in market research, customer surveys, & basic statistics
Terms: Spring (Jan – May), Summer (Jun – Aug) & Fall (Sept – Dec)
Time Commitment: 32 hours/week, 1 full semester
Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 9:00AM-5:00PM, but schedule can be flexible
Supervisor: Dennis Smoot, Director, Internet Strategies
Award Package: None
Location: S. Dillon Ripley Center, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C.
To be considered in the first round of applications, please submit your materials by the dates below: Fall Positions: July 1; Winter/Spring Positions: October 1; Summer Positions: February 1 (Applications received after these dates will still be considered on an as-needed basis).
To Apply: Complete the online application at http://intern.si.edu/. Click on the link for the Smithsonian Online Academic Appointment System (SOLAA). Questions can be directed to the Intern Coordinator at TSAInternships@si.edu or 202.633.8641.