Smithsonian Virtual Internships
What Is A Smithsonian Virtual Internship?
All Smithsonian internships are real-world learning opportunities guided by a mentor. In the past, this has meant that would-be interns needed to physically travel to the Smithsonian in order to do an internship…but no longer.
Digital technology permits the Smithsonian to offer a growing number of internships that can be conducted, still with guidance from a Smithsonian mentor, online. You can be a Smithsonian Virtual Intern wherever you are.
Smithsonian Virtual Internship Opportunities
Assistant Secretary for Education and Access (ASEA)
- MySI Technical Writing Internship
- MySI Graphic Design Internship
- MySI Programming Internship
- MySI Marketing Internship
National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC)
- Community and Constituent Services Internship - Graphic and Interface Design Project
- Community and Constituent Services Internship – Interview Project (French)
- Community and Constituent Services Internship – Interview Project (English)
National Museum of Natural History (NMNH)
- Encyclopedia of Life Community Management Intern
Office of International Relations (OIR)
- Smithsonian – U.S. Department of State Virtual Student Foreign Service Internship
- Office of International Relations “Smithsonian Global” Internship