NMNH Spring Break Internship Program
The Alternative Spring Break Program (ASB) provides college-level undergraduate and graduate students an opportunity to join week-long internship projects in a wide variety of professional settings throughout the NMNH community. The goal is to place interested and motivated undergraduate and graduate students, during the week of their spring break, in a professional work environment at the National Museum of Natural History where they can:
– Gain practical experience by working in a professional museum setting
– Develop new skills by learning from NMNH professionals
– Provide a service to the organization by contributing their time and talents
– Create professional partnerships
– Pursue their fields of interest related, or not, to their current profession
Project focus and intensity varies greatly. Participants are expected to be in-residence at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History in Washington, DC during their participation in the program. No financial assistance, housing, or travel allowance is provided as part of the program.
Apply Through: Contact the project sponsor directly. Projects available are listed on the main web page – look for “Spring Break” in the title.
Term: 1 week
Deadline: Two weeks prior to the anticipated start date